1.08.2010

[ two shoes! two shoes! ]


happy new year!!


yes, yes, yes. a little late. but better late than never right? i must say, this new year is treating me quite well. it is exactly the fresh start i want. i've started this year with a promise to myself to purge any and all excess in my life. i'm starting with possibly the most daunting aspect of my life, the personal part. i've deleted numbers from my phone, old emails that no longer bring joy and smiles to my life, and people from social networking sites that are either no longer in my life, were never in my life to begin with, or people I no longer want in my life. part of me thinks this is kind of harsh, give people the benefit of the doubt you know? maybe they'll surprise me and rise to the occasion? i have to keep telling myself that i've given everyone more than enough chances, and it's time to put my foot down. it's scary, but it feels good.

almost three months ago to the date, i broke my foot. and life as i knew it became 100x more complicated and more frustrating. as of yesterday, january 7th (my lucky number mind you!) i am finally rid of the air cast i have been sporting as an ever present left shoe. knowing a companion to my right shoe is now a reality has brought on a profound happiness and much brighter outlook to my life! i'm not really walking normal yet, and due to my lack of boot, my foot is much more sore than normal. but i'm not complaining... it feels amazing to be free of my astronaut boot!

the only cloud in my bright blue sky is the boy. he's been writing to me since he left. his letters make me miss him so much. they are so ridiculous and so funny, i was literally in tears while reading his last letter. he is transformed in my mind to the boy i loved, not the scum bag that left. it's hard to reconcile who he is when he isn't around to be a fucktard. it's do or die time with us. like always.

i want to end on a happy note. i'm trying to plan a couple trips this spring. one to north carolina and the other to portland. these are making me incredibly antsy, but i'm excited to potentially cross off an item on my "23 before i'm 24" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment