4.27.2010

[ cap city : the after show ]























columbus ohio. a home of sorts for four years during college. i came to life in that city; really woke up to the person i wanted to become, and started working and growing towards being her. a major problem in discovering so much about yourself and growing into a different person is not fitting into that box you so comfortably lived in for so long.

i've run into this head on. my hometown isn't enough for me anymore. how awful does that sound? incredibly awful. it's the truth, no matter how i try to disguise it, how i try to belittle it, i can't deny it.

i'm well aware that the only thing truly keeping me here is my family. i recently read kelly cutrone's book, "if you have to cry go outside" and it really opened my eyes. it's a great book. honestly. if you're looking for some inspiration in your life, read it. you won't be disappointed. but after reading it i've made a pact with myself. if this new job doesn't work out by the end of the year i am moving. that's right. packing up all my belonging and leaving my security blanket to try and find some peace and happiness. sound like a plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment